This hand-made orca pin is dedicated to the orca Tokitae, also known by her stage name Lolita. Toki’s story is as heartbreaking as it gets. After being stolen from her family, she spent 52 years swimming in endless circles in the smallest orca tank in the US, where she remains till today. Learn more about Tokitae on our Instagram or Facebook.
About the pin
This pin is completely made of wood as a representation of the orca’s bond with nature.
It is carefully hand assembled from different kinds of wood which creates a 3D effect to it.
We’ve chosen maple, beech, and nut wood.
These pieces are very eco-friendly. Even though real wood is used, no trees were harmed in the making process.
The wood is scrap wood obtained from different workshops in the area. These pins breathed a new life into parts that would most likely end up in chipboard.
To sum it up:
- Every piece is hand-made and unique
- 3 kinds of genuine wood were used (Maple, beech & Nut)
- No trees were harmed. (We collect unused & unwanted pieces from workshops)
- Every purchase helps to protect whales. 25% of profits are donated to the Whale Sanctuary Project
- Custom gift packaging and sticker included with every order
- Kind to the planet – shipping includes no plastic
You will get this orca pin in custom Orca Legacy packaging, with a leaflet telling our story and informing you about your donation toward the sanctuary. There’s also an Orca Legacy sticker as a gift for you!
Size: approx. 5.5cm/2.2inch wide, 4.5cm/1.8inch tall
By purchasing this pin, you’re donating to the Keiko Legacy Fund created by The Whale Sanctuary Project, which are building the very first seaside sanctuary in North America for captive orcas & belugas!
Together, we can make a difference.
WEAR ORCA – HELP ORCA
*Note that the color might slightly vary due to the light of your screen as well as the nature of the wood.